Plan Now for Oregon Wine Country’s Fall Harvest
The fall harvest frenzy and excitement has begun in Oregon Wine Country. Talented winemakers of the Willamette Valley work tirelessly to harvest and ferment the grapes at peak ripeness. While the hard labor of these exhausting days keep the vineyards busy, they still make time for visitors. Some wineries offer behind the scenes tours where guests learn more about the fall harvest process. Once all the careful planning is done and the new wine is safely in its barrels, the parties begin. Wineries host elaborate harvest dinners, special reserve tasting events, and even a spectacular bike tour through the beautiful autumn colors of the valley. Join the celebration and creation of the new vintages. Stay at one of the over 20 member Inns of Bed and Breakfasts of Yamhill County. Find your perfect accommodations and location within a premier wine destination and maker of the world’s finest Pinot Noir.
10 Wonderful Fall Harvest Winery Events
The fall harvest buzz and anticipation fills the vineyards and wineries in the Willamette Valley. As the beautiful landscape transforms with glowing autumn foliage the amazing winemakers kick into high gear. Enjoy the fruits of their labors at these fascinating and tasty events:
- Eola Hills Wine Cellars – Take an extraordinary ride on the Bike Oregon Wine Country Fall Colors Ride. Celebrate the autumn colors and the fall harvest season on a scenic 45 mile route. Rest at the three Eola Hills wine stops along the route. Enjoy the view and a light lunch on a ferry ride across the Willamette River. Then join the post-ride party with more great wine, live music and food trucks.
- Lemelson Vineyards – For a hands-on tour of the winemaking craft try being an Intern for a Day. Get the full fall harvest experience from sorting grapes to pressing the juice for fermentation. Then tour the barrel cellar and taste samples of the 2018 vintages. All interns are rewarded with a traditional harvest lunch among the Pinot noir barrels.
- Patton Valley Vineyard – Stretch your legs on their Harvest Hike & Luncheon. Enjoy a guided tour on the 30-acre estate during the exciting fall harvest season. Learn about the Patton Valley and taste wine made from the very grapes you walk through. Inside, tour the production space and see the cellar crew hard at work. Then savor a harvest lunch back among the vines.
- Left Coast Estate – Experience all the inner workings of harvest time on the Inside Look at Harvest tour. After a short walk through the vineyard, take a tour through the production area and end with a tasting of the estate wines.
- Archery Summit Winery – Visitors are invited to celebrate the fruits of the harvest labor during the Fall Release Open House. The event include winemaking stories, cave tours, and Pinot Noir tastings with food pairings.
- Domaine Drouhin – Join the winemaker for a Harvest Dinner with spectacular cuisine and exceptional wines. During the evening get the ultimate insider’s look at this year’s harvest.
- Rex Hill – Witness the energy of harvest to fermentation on the Harvest Tour & Lunch. Taste the new fall wines while walking the bustling winery and end the day with more wine and a lunch with the winemakers.
- Ponzi Vineyards – Join the wine makers for an amazing 5 course Harvest Dinner. Where the 2017 Single Vineyard Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays will be uncorked for the very first time.
- Campbell Lane Winery – Join the 3rd Annual Harvest Party and celebrate the season at the vineyard. There will be wine flights, glass pours, a corn hole tourney, delicious Cajun cuisine and live music to keep the party going.
- Soléna Estate – Toast the fall harvest with a perfect glass of Pinot Noir at Chef Antunez’s interpretation of a traditional Le Cochon Pig Roast. Gather for an amazing evening of great wine, food and company on a beautiful estate.
The fall harvest is a wonderful time to plan a visit to Oregon Wine Country. Not only is the breath-taking scenery even more stunning, but it’s the most lively time of the winemaking year. Find the perfect Bed and Breakfast for your autumn getaway to the Willamette Valley.