This spring, come discover the roots of Oregon Wine Country while exploring the wineries of Dundee Hills. Back in 1965, David Lett probably didn’t know he was pioneering the Willamette Valley wine industry, but when he chose the Dundee Hills to plant the first Pinot Noir, it turns out he launched what is now known worldwide as a vibrant winemaking community.
The world really started to notice when his Pinot Noir beat more established French labels in the Gault-Millau French Wine Olympiades. Other winemaking trailblazers in the Willamette Valley included the Sokol Blosser and Erath family. Eyrie Vineyard, Sokol Blosser, and Erath all have welcoming tasting rooms. Visit all three wineries while touring the Dundee Hills, and taste the origins of Oregon wine this spring.
You may come to the Dundee Hills to taste the world-class wines, but while you’re here you’ll enjoy the views of rolling vineyards and distant mountain peaks. This area also benefits from residing in a rain shadow, creating a dryer, sunnier climate; an enjoyable place to be in an otherwise rainy northwest spring. The Bed and Breakfasts of Yamhill County make an Oregon wine getaway easy to plan. With over 20 member bed and breakfasts, visitors will find the perfect fit for their ideal vacation. There are several beautiful Inns within the Dundee Hills area, each perfect for a wine tasting getaway. Find your favorite Inn, and book your getaway today!
The Dundee Hills AVA and Wineries
The Dundee Hills is one of six AVAs within the Willamette Valley that was established in 2002. About 100 vineyards thrive in the ideal climate and perfect soil. Each of the wineries and tasting rooms is as different as the wine flights they offer. There’s a wealth of great wineries packed into the small city of Dundee. It’s a wonderful place to begin a tour of the area. Here are a few wineries to visit near Dundee, as you get the planning process underway:
- Argyle Winery – Their stunning Tasting House offers three distinct flights including sparkling wines and Pinot Noirs.
- Bella Vida – Enjoy expansive views while tasting wines made 100% with grapes from the Dundee Hills vineyards.
- Lange Estate Winery – Taste 30 years of winemaking experience with sweeping valley and Mount Hood views.
- The Four Graces – Sample premium Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc wines in a quaint historic farmhouse.
- Furioso Vineyard – This stunning tasting room features fourteen-foot-high glass walls for amazing views.
Also explore the city of Dayton, a must on any Dundee Hills tour. These are the wineries you’ll find near Dayton:
- Domaine Drouhin – Since 1880 the Drouhin Family has created exceptional wines in Burgundy, France, and they’ve brought their “French Soul” to “Oregon Soil.”
- Domaine Serene Winery – Relax in the elegant clubhouse while sampling award-winning wines.
- Archery Summit Winery – Choose your tasting experience from flights to private tours.
- Stoller Family Estate – This tasting room features glass garage doors that open up to sweeping vineyard views.
This is just a sample of the many great wineries in the Dundee Hills. Plan your tour of this popular Willamette Valley wine region, where you can visit your favorites or discover new ones along the way. When you’re ready to settle in for the night, the charming inns at The Bed and Breakfasts of Yamhill County will be waiting. Come visit us this spring, and experience the bubbling warmth of a spring getaway in Oregon’s wine country.